Sunday, August 19, 2012

the one where i moved

it's true, i moved. i moved to college. apparently i'm a big girl now and have to go out and get a higher education and what not. juuuust kidding! it's all cool! so, like i've said before I am attending University of Nebraska-Lincoln (woot woot!) you may know us, the sea of red?


ya not gonna lie, it's pretty awesome being apart of that. we're known for our amazing crowd and all our dedicated fans. i love it. so anyway, we, and by we i mean my sister and i, moved in thursday afternoon. so it's about a three hour drive and we both had to bring our cars down, we didn't want to be on the phone the whole time with each other, yet we wanted to talk. soooooooo we brought walkie talkies! you know those things we all used in the 90's and early 2000s haha it was a blast. we just caravanned our way to Lincoln chatting it up through our little walkie talkies! so far it's great here. i love having my own place with sierra, we can be ourselves and not worry about having to impress another roommate or something. we're just on the edge of the city so it's pretty quiet still. we have free time (at least at the moment we do) to go to antique stores and asian markets and other random stuff. i've been driving a lot trying to prepare myself to drive alone in Lincoln, which i am not used to at all! although i'm loving it here so far, it was hard saying goodbye. i know my family will always be there for me, but it's sad knowing that, for now on, it's never gonna be the same as it was. i guess it's all a part of growing up but it's a little frightening as well as exciting. my best friends were hard to say goodbye to. it's gonna be different not being able to see them and laugh and cry and vent or anything else we decide to do...i'm a little worried it'll be hard to make close friendships here, and that's what i want above anything else i think. i'm gonna miss my little cousin, watching here cry as i left and hearing her beg for me to ask my "boss" if i could just not go to college was heartbreaking. i'm gonna miss that old town, being able to see all the stars at night, seeing the fields, watching the windmills, climbing 2 sets of stairs just to get to my room, gonna miss the old familiar faces around my small town. most of all i'll miss the simple things. i'm nervous and scared for what this school year will hold and yet, i'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment