Wednesday, March 30, 2016

the one about my brother

Today we got the first email from Elder Sillivan!!
My little brother is the epitome of a Christlike man; he must have gotten that from my Father, as well as my angel mother. He has become one of my heroes so let me tell you everything he continues to teach me.
He teaches me to be a peacemaker. He learned a long time ago (through being the only boy in-between four sisters) that there are few things actually worth arguing about. He is far more mature than I sometimes give him credit for. He constantly reminds our younger sisters and me the importance of peace, to which, I'm grateful for.
He teaches me to be submissive. He is always willing to serve and do what he is asked by our dear sweet parents. He rarely complains and does as he is told out of respect and duty. Above all, he constantly is seeking to do God's will. I'm absolutely amazed by his devotion to our Father in Heaven.
He teaches me to laugh. He strives to enjoy every moment he's in. He cracks poor jokes and does odd dance moves but is always making those around him smile. If you're lucky enough to be someone he feels comfortable with, you're lucky to know his sense of humor and character.
He teaches me to work. Our parents taught us the value of hard work but no one quite understands it the way Steele does. He recognizes the importance of starting and finishing a project. He knows the work it takes to accomplish anything good and he puts in the time. He works hard and gives his very best at everything he does.
He teaches me to be obedient. He has always known the importance of being obedient to our parents and to Heavenly Father's commandments. He obeys out of love and not out of obligation.
He teaches me to love. Steele has a huge heart. There has always been something deep inside him that puts his loved ones first for everything. His family is his life and he would much rather be with them than anyone else. His focus has always been for his family now and his future family someday. He loves so much and so strong and his love for our Savior and for our God is astounding.
I know I have been blessed with the very best brother I could have ever received. I'm so proud of who he is and for the man that he will continue to become. I'm so thankful for the lessons I learn from him every day and for the example he has always set for me. He will forever be a hero of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment