Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day to be Thankful

I am so Blessed.
I have been blessed with an amazing Family.
I have been blessed with the Gospel.
I have been blessed with the best of Friends.
I have been blessed to be born in this Country.
I have been blessed with a Beautiful Life.
And because of that I am so Thankful. 
---------------------------------------------------------
Who do I appreciate?
 My amazing family! They mean so much to me and I wouldn't be who I am today without their constant love and guidance.
How am I fortunate?
I'm so fortunate to be born in to the Gospel. It has changed my life in so many ways. If I wouldn't have grown up living it, I don't know how I would be or act. 
What material possessions am I thankful for?
My phone, my ipod, my computer (internet), my scriptures, my CTR ring, and patriarchal blessing. 
What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for?
I'm grateful for my athletic abilities, I don't know what I would do without my sports. I'm thankful for confidence and my common sense (daddy wouldn't think I have any, but I think I do hehe)
What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for?
I'm so thankful for my small village, population: 340. It's a great town with wonderful people to grow up with. I love it here and so grateful to call it home. 
What experiences have I had that I am grateful for?
I don't have any one experience that has changed my life, but every experience happens for a reason. So I'm thankful for every experience that I have gone through. Without each of them I wouldn't be who I am. 
What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for?
I am so grateful for the close relationship I have with my family. Playing games with them and dancing around the house made me realize that yet again. =) 
What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for?
I have the opportunity to be involved in many extra-curricular activities at school. I'm involved in volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, track (which I despise), speech, play production, and band. Each provides amazing experiences for me, and I'm thankful I can be apart of them.  
What have others in my life done that I am thankful for?
I'm so thankful for every person who has played a part in my life. Whether it was teaching me, helping me, or loving me, they have made a huge impact on me. 
What have others done that I am benefiting from in my life (even if I don't know who those people are)?
I can't think of anyone better than Joseph Smith. His faith and courage as a boy restored the true church back to the earth. The word benefiting definitely doesn't describe how much I need the Gospel.
What relationships am I thankful for?
As I said, I'm thankful for my relationship with my family. But I'm equally thankful for my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I'm so blessed to know who I am, where I came from, and where I'm going. I know that I'm his daughter which makes me a princess. And I know that he loves me more than words can describe, and I love Him. 
What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for?
I always take for granted the country I live in and the freedoms I have. I don't think many people actually realize how blessed we, as Americans, are here to live in the land of the free and home of the brave. 
What is different today than it was a year ago that I'm thankful for?
The year has provided another 365 days of lessons for me to learn from and I'm so thankful for each one of them.
---------------------------------------------------------
  I found these questions and thought it would be fun to fill out on Thanksgiving. It was. =)
It reminded me of my many blessings.
I love my life.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment