Saturday, November 19, 2011

Not so good with blood

I have never dealt with blood well. Ever since I was little I have gotten dizzy at the sight of blood. Actually not just dizzy I actually faint at the sight of blood. Or at least I used to. Now I can deal with it for the most part. I have quite a few instances in which I have fainted because of blood. Let me share some of my stories. . .

1. The first one that I personally remember was when I was about six years old. I had cut my second to last toe on a piece of glass outside and went in to clean it up. I remember trying to clean the blood off and clean it with hydrogen peroxide. This is when I started getting dizzy and all of sudden I hit the floor. haha! I remember having a dream about Mickey Mouse surfing! I don't know why I would dream about that but I did.

2. In 2nd grade I was getting my books out of my book-bag and I had cut my thumb on my book-bag! Don't ask me how I did that I Do Not Know! I went back to my desk and as we were saying the Pledge I just plopped right to the ground. I looked down at my bleeding thumb. Not a good idea. haha

3. Another time was when I was in 6th grade and I was reading a book. Yes it's true I fainted because of a book! This girl in the book was hit by a car and it explained her cuts and that did not work well with my imagination! I remember putting the book down because I was dizzy and I woke up to my classmate hovered over me with a stupid look on his face! (I don't know why he didn't tell the teacher!) I fell out of my chair! So I sat back up in my chair but I felt so weak. It's the strangest feeling, fainting. I couldn't lift my arms up very high, so I took a break and went and got some water.

4. When I was 12 my cousin, sister, and I were in the bathroom cleaning some blood up. I started getting dizzy so I told them I had to leave. I started walking out of the bathroom and when I reached the hallway everything got very blurry. I turned back knowing I would soon faint and wouldn't be close to anyone unless I reached the bathroom. Just like a movie, as I reached for the handle I fainted and fell flat on my face! I wish it could have been video taped because it would have been so funny to see. I woke up not knowing what happened, I soon remembered and stood up. I weakly told my family to unlock the bathroom. They only believed me because of my split lip and white face!

5. In seminary class one morning my teacher was talking about blessings. She told us a story about one of her sons who needed an I.V. as a baby but a vein wasn't being found. She said how the nurse found one on his head that they could reach. Well with my vivid imagination I pictured all this disgusting stuff with this vein. I put my head on the table and whispered "I don't feel so well." The next thing I was on the floor with 6 people crowding me. Apparently I flung my arms back, hitting my cousin, and fell off the backless bench hitting my head on the hardwood floor.

6. My parents were watching the movie The Bucket List on Netflix one night and so I went over and sat next to them and started watching. Well there is one seen when Morgan Freeman's character gets blood all over his shirt and what do ya know? I started getting dizzy. Being very experienced in the fainting career, I knew it was coming. I told mom "Mom Mom Mom Mom I'm gonna faint, I'm gonna faint, I'm gonna faint, I'm gon---" In mid-sentence I landed on my mom's lap out for a few seconds. I can only imagine it being very entertaining. haha

7. The most recent was last night at the Breaking Dawn movie. I should've known how bloody it was going to be. Luckily, I didn't pass out just got very close to it.  My friend forced my head down so I wasn't able to see. It was definitely coming though. Too bad I didn't, I could've added another funny fainting incident to the list if I would've.

So there's a few of my entertaining fainting stories. Hope you enjoyed my faintings as much as my family and, well not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment