Wednesday, April 6, 2016

the one about April 6th

My heart is so full on this beautiful day. Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, "Today is April 6th. We know by revelation that today is the actual and accurate date of the Savior's birth. April 6th also is the day on which The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized." (see also D&C 20:1) As I sit here pondering each of these events I am filled with complete amazement. How wonderful it is to know with a surety that my Savior did come. That He lived a perfect life. He came in perfect wisdom, leaving the side of God the Father to take mortality upon Himself. He fulfilled the promise He made to satisfy the demands of justice and mercy and to complete the Plan of Salvation. His life is our only perfect example and becoming like Him should be our divine goal; following and learning from that perfect life He gave for us. Doing this will allow us to grow, to change, to progress, and to enter into His presence with the Father again.
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me He wad crucified, 
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.
I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I think of His hand pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, Such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"
I'm not only grateful for my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, but also for His true and living Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel as Elder Holland does when he said, "The Gospel of Jesus Christ means everything to me. Everything! Everything I have, everything I cherish, everything that matters to me, beginning with my family, everything I adore, I cherish, and love, and am grateful for, I have because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." His Church was organized and given to us to be taught that Gospel and to facilitate and help others receive of the blessings within it. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith. For his undying faith and determination to fulfill his role in restoring it on the earth. How blessed I feel to be a part of it. This day brings me so much joy and fills me with so much gratitude! I know He lives and He has given every tool we need to be with Him and our Heavenly Father again, and this is reason to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment