Monday, April 4, 2016

the one about growing up in a small town

I will forever be grateful for my childhood and for my very small town of Arcadia. I'm so proud to call it home and everyone knows I'm so proud of the state of Nebraska! It really is "the good life." There were so many blessings from being raised in my village. Here are only a few:
  1. I got to participate in almost anything I wanted to
    • sports: basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, track, and softball. 
    • the arts: theater, band (marching and concert), and speech
    • academics: quiz bowl and debate
  2. I always felt safe
    • i knew everyone in my town and could trust 90% of them. it was a community where we took care of each other
  3. I knew everyone
    • believe me, growing up with the same 9 kids in your class from preschool to high school graduation, you won't have many things you don't know about them
  4. My parents never had to worry 
    • they always knew where I was because the closest town was a half an hour away so I was probably in a 6 block radius
  5. I learned about hard work
    • I had to balance a life of activities, church, and work. life was interesting
I loved the opportunities and lessons I learned from being raised in my little village. I'm grateful for the experiences and memories that I had that were rare for most children growing up. I love being a small town kid and will always be thankful because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment