Wednesday, April 6, 2016

the one for the person sitting next to me

So you don't know me. I doubt you'll see me again actually. Unless you become one of those few people I always see on campus, but never talk to, then never know if I should just introduce myself or not because we always run into each other! Anyway this is for you! Don't you feel special? Ha! You'll never know that I wrote a whole post for you. Just so I feel better about myself, let me explain why I'm doing some of the things I'm doing. You'll still probably judge me, because let's face it, you'll never read this. Ok so you're probably wondering why I'm always sitting here chuckling to myself. Well it's usually one of three things. 1. I probably got a text from a friend and it's probably about how my phone is dying and they noticed it on the creepy spin off of Find My Friends app. Or I found a funny meme on Pinterest, perhaps about grumpy cat or just a good pun. I do enjoy a good pun. Or last it might be something on Facebook that I find absolutely ridiculous enough to giggle at, like an Ellen Degeneres or Jimmy Fallon video. So I apologize if my hearty laugh is distracting in any way, but laughing is my favorite past time and it doesn't happen on campus as much so what I'm trying to say is I'm really not that sorry. So noticing that, you've probably also noticed my headphones start in my phone then proceed to move to my computer and back and forth, I don't even know how many times. Hopefully this isn't super annoying to you, I mean I really don't know why it would be, it's such a little thing. With that, I'm not even going to explain myself. Wondering why I get up so much? I have to fill up my water bottle a hundred times in one day, it's insane I know and annoying to me too! Which also means I'll need a bathroom break. Plus I get hungry. So that's probably the wrappers you're hearing as well. It's a Nutty Bar. It's always going to be a Nutty Bar. Literally every time. It's the only snack I get. They are delicious. And I will scarf it down in no time at all. You may notice I leave everything at my study space when I take my breaks. It's because I secretly trust you and it's the unspoken "please puppy-guard my belongings" routine. I mean that's basically friend status for you, random peer. Oh you noticed my homework? Nice. I probably haven't started it to be honest. It's sitting there so I look more productive. I do give it a few glances maybe even a few minutes. Thank you, I too am proud of myself for that. I tend to work better under pressure, so don't worry I'll get it done . . . eventually. I promise I am a good student, although it may not appear so now. Please don't question when I unpack my sweater or jacket from my backpack. Sometimes I run late to class. Ok, most of the time, but I'm rarely late! It's because I'm a great speed walker. Proud? Should be. I'm not sure why though. So when I have to speed walk up that blasted hill I get so sweaty. Therefore I do not need my jacket/sweater . . . but some of these classrooms are freezing! I'm not sure what the purpose of that is, but lucky for me I'm prepared! Look who paid attention at Girls Camp! So I get all cozy and nice. Other times it just makes a nice pillow. Yes that's what I was doing earlier. Napping. Haven't seen that on campus before? . . . Really? Seriously, that's sad, get out more. Everyone does it. One time someone walked in on me sneaking in a nap in the library in one of the study rooms. I scared him so bad when he turned on the lights! Haha! I mean who really expects to see a body lying on the ground when proceeding to go study?? Poor fellow. He was a nice guy though, he even shut the light off and backed out and told me I could finish my nap before he entered. Haha nah, his burst of fear was enough to make me leave for good. Anyway so when you notice my makeshift pillow come out it's because my class got cancelled or I have a half an hour break (which you know, just isn't enough time to really start homework). So if you just kept it down a little that'd be nice, well actually you haven't made a sound for awhile. Hmm . . . well if anyone else gets loud just mention something maybe. Or be that person that Shhs people. It'd be greatly appreciated, plus we're kinda friends. I mean. I did leave my stuff with you like three times already and you didn't steal anything so that's cool of you. I don't usually just start talking to myself so that means I just got a phone call. 90% chance it's my sister so I'll be talking to her about nothing important for awhile. Don't make eye contact with me because I'm not talking to you, I'm trying to funnel my voice to the little white box speaker thing on the headphones. If there is a long pause and you're curious if I hung up . . . I doubt it. Believe me, you'll know. Otherwise it's just moments when we have nothing to talk about but some company is sometimes nice, I mean you didn't think I was this unsocial with everyone did you? I'm a very social person actually. Oh goodness there is so much you don't know! Well, it'll just have to stay that way because the time has come for me to leave. I know you're thinking it's about time and to that I only have to say, rude. I really thought we got close, although this conversation did seem pretty one-sided. Well knowing that I laughed pretty hard writing this you're again questioning what the heck could I possibly be doing. Ha! I bet blogging about you wasn't on the list of hypotheses! Anyway, it's been nice. Dear peer, I hope you accomplish much more without me by your side---until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment